- Develop a leading, member-based sporting industry association
- Implement new strategies to deliver member and revenue growth
- Make your mark under strategic guidance from the Board
The Australian Sporting Goods Association Incorporated (ASGA) was formed in 1981 as the industry association representing a broad spectrum of members from the sporting and active lifestyle goods industry, including manufacturers, importers, wholesalers and retailers. ASGA is a leading industry voice on issues impacting the health, trade, regulation and taxation of the sporting and active lifestyle industries.
This is an exciting opportunity to represent the ASGA board, as you liaise with ASGA members and prospects, industry organisations, government and sporting bodies including executives at the senior management level. As Executive Director you will drive the strategic direction of ASGA and be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management while accountable for driving and delivering the commercial and strategic priorities as set by the Board. You will seek input both from the membership and from the broader industry to help implement the recently approved strategy of supporting the industry to achieve best practice and success.
Responsibilities will also include delivering benefits to members, including knowledge and insights through market research products and services, networking and development events, along with providing advocacy and support of the sporting goods sector to government. Furthermore you will be responsible for maintaining and growing the ASGA membership and revenue, increasing value proposition to ASGA and its members, while developing strong relationships with stakeholders and partners.
To be successful you will have the following experience, skills and/or qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Sports Management or related discipline
- Sales / Business Development experience of a minimum of 5 + years
- High-level interpersonal, presentation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Experience in an organisational management role
- Sound understanding of the operation of member-service orientated and not-for-profit industry associations, along with members, partners and stakeholders
- Experience in market intelligence research, survey and data analysis
- Experience with newsletter creation, social media and website content
- A self-starter with the initiative and drive to work independently and effectively
- Willingness to undertake all tasks associated with working independently such as general administration and arranging work related travel
We are seeking a dynamic all-rounder who has a passion to become a leader in the sporting industry, with the ability to implement strategic priorities, identify opportunities and create innovative solutions for members and who is commercially astute to achieve revenue targets.
If you are highly motivated, work autonomously and have demonstrated experience as outlined above, apply now. Please send your resume and a one page cover letter. To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Confidential phone enquiries to Scott Pickering on 1300 723 761 quoting reference SP1600.
For more information please visit The Scopic Group: https://www.scopicgroup.com.au/executive-director-asga
Or take a look at the advertisement on Seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/35828566
Applications close Friday 6th April 2018.
ASGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that applicants must have the permanent legal right to work in Australia.