The Australian Sporting Goods Association (ASGA) was formed in 1981 to act as the ‘peak body’ representing a broad spectrum of sporting and active lifestyle goods industry participants, including brands, manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
ASGA’s Mission: To grow Australia’s sporting and active lifestyle goods industry through encouraging active participation.
We will do this by:
- Encouraging Australians to participate in sport and an active lifestyle.
- Providing thought leadership to the Australian sporting and active lifestyle goods industry.
- Raising the profile of and representing the industry to attract the attention of policy makers.
The ASGA Board is made up of a minimum of nine Directors, each whom serve a two year term.
The Board is made up of:
- Three directors representing retail members, elected for a two year term at the Annual AGM on a staggered basis.
- Three directors representing wholesale members, elected for a two year term at the Annual AGM on a staggered basis.
- A number of Independent members appointed by the ASGA Board.
- The ASGA Executive Director.
- The President of the ASGA Board is appointed by the Board from the membership of the Board.
- Andrew Reed (Acushnet) President
- Ashley Reade (Nike)
- Justin Box ( New Balance)
- Russell Havens (Super Retail Group) – President
- Julie Stevanja (Stylerunner.com)
- Position Vacant
- Gayle Dickerson (Grant Thornton)
- Shaun Bajada
|Important ASGA Documents||Size|
|The ASGA Constitution||141 KB|
|ASGA Code of Conduct||100 KB|